Pages

Friday, October 04, 2013

The Wooden Desk Tales - The Nutmeg tree, A bird and Few Berries!

The Wooden Desk is a nostalgia. Its a memory with a smile. There was one at my home too, near the window which opened to a fruit bearing nutmeg tree. The yellow fruit that hid a red seed inside it. The perfect color shades which merged with the green, differently shaped leaves. The tree had squirrels running around. 

Somewhere near a trunk which kissed the mulberries next to it, I found a small bird's nest. A little me who roamed around that area lately found out that the bird has gone far away. The nest looked cute and it had two small eggs in it. All I could do was to help the little bird with some mulberries and raspberries. I believed that birds won't eat seeds. So I took of the seeds from the berries. 

After few days there were small birds inside the nest. A happy me gave them mulberries too. They didn't even touch it. But sooner they paid visits at my window sill and heard the first drafts of my never-written stories. One fine day, I saw the mother bird shooing away the children. I asked my mother whether she will do the same when I grow up. She hugged me and said, "You will be always mine. But the mother bird has to shoo them away since their school is far away. Also they are lazy kids."

I believed it and still feel the same. The schools at home which is created by parents teach you things which a classroom can't teach. This series is dedicated to those lessons. The lessons I learned from the wooden desk tales. :)


4 comments: