Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

In Another city - Happy birthday to me!

For the first time in the past 25 years, I am celebrating a birthday in another city, away from home. I''ve always had the strange feeling of why people celebrate the day they become another year old. But I like cake (baked by Amma), payasam and Sadya. So  I celebrate. 

Google's birthday wish & lovely cakes! :P
Like many other years the passing year was eventful and full of surprises. So this year the biggest surprise is that I am celebrating my birthday in another city. And along with me, this blog too celebrates its first birthday. So Happy birthday my dear Blog!



There are few good things I developed in the past year. To accept criticism, To accept people with less brains, to accept the comments even if it hurts. Yes, Acceptance is something you can never buy from somewhere. It has to happen. Chennai showed me how life looks when you live alone in the crowd. It taught how good life can be! Chennai always gave me a feel that I am loved, cared and pampered. 

From the morning stroll in the hostel to the busiest roads to power cuts to fabulous colleagues to a happy office, I loved every single expression of Chennai. The sun sometimes was so cruel in summer to make me sick. The rains kissed like a lover and cured the illness. The buses were like jampacked suitcases where tickets are passed from one hand to another. The auto (aato as we Chennaiites say) burnt pockets. Month ends looked longer and salary days passed in a wink. Curd rice tasted better than any other food when the heat cramped the stomach. Became a non-vegetarian.

Websites looked like a group of codes with images and google looked like a boss with disgrace. Learnt to write some 'awesome' content for websites and looked upon with surprise at the e-commerce websites. Few unknown clients who had child labors (to understand this term perfectly, you have to be an employee of my company) at office who learnt more by talking than from books. Colleges looked more beautiful and charming from outside. Last, but not least, Have friends more than my fingers (read it as countless). And yes, this birthday is gifted by watching my golden fish, Thangameenkal, soon to be released in theaters. 

This is how I summarize the past year! Hope the life in this city, Chennai, never disappoints me...Smiles to the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment